Launched in 2017 as the Matic Network, Polygon is an Ethereum sidechain that has built up its own following and platform alongside its host blockchain. MATIC, an ERC-20 token, is the base currency used to govern and secure the operations on the Polygon network, such as paying network transaction fees.
After Polygon’s early 2023 hard fork, the Polygon network is ready for more benefits, including reduced gas spikes and a better user interface (UX). With that in mind, here are the best crypto exchanges for staking Polygon.
Binance is the world’s top cryptocurrency exchange and is currently the largest centralized unit by daily trading volume. Polygon (MATIC) is one of the over 500 cryptocurrencies listed on the exchange. By staking Polygon on Binance, you can earn more returns on locking your investments for extended periods.
- Lock-up periods: Flexible, 30, 60, and 90 days
- Estimated APY: 5.2%, 6.47%, and 19.6% APY, respective to days staked
- Staking/unstaking fees: Zero
- Redemption period: 2-3 days
- Minimum staking limit: 0.01 MATIC
- Maximum staking limit: 1,500,000 MATIC
A few drawbacks of the Binance platform include navigability and the period it takes to receive the rewards after unstaking your MATIC tokens. But overall, Binance offers competitive rewards and flexible staking plans. It also connects you to extra-yield products under its Binance Earn program.
Unsure what crypto staking is? Our easy-to-follow crypto staking guide has you covered.
The OKX cryptocurrency exchange integrated Polygon in June 2021, allowing investors to withdraw Ethereum-based assets directly from the exchange to the Polygon network. The integration reduced transaction costs and waiting times and allowed users to move assets across the exchange more efficiently. OKX onboarded Polygon (MATIC) and other cryptocurrencies for staking opportunities in August 2022.
You can earn rewards staking Polygon on OKX. The average annual percentage yield (APY) varies according to the amount staked and the actual yield. Even the estimated daily interest is based on the staked amount, so the rates below are for reference only as given on the OKX website.
- Staking period: 15, 30, 60, 90, and 120 days
- Estimated APY: 3%, 4.87%, 5.35%, 5.84%, and 7.3%, respective to days staked
- Minimum/maximum staking limit: Flexible
There are two ways to stake MATIC on OKX: through the exchange’s webpage or the OKX app.
If you’re using the web, hover the cursor over the Finance tab in the top menu and select Earn from the dropdown list. On the Earn page, select MATIC through the search box. Alternatively, you can scroll down the list of supported assets. Then, subscribe to indicate the amount of MATIC you wish to stake.
If using the OKX app, head to the home screen and tap Earn/DeFi. Next, proceed to the search box and enter MATIC. Alternatively, you can scroll down the list of assets and select MATIC. View the staking information available and enter the amount of MATIC you wish to stake.
Coinbase Wallet is another cryptocurrency exchange where you can earn good rewards for staking MATIC. Rewards are calculated according to the amount of MATIC tokens you hold or stake. If you stake more MATIC tokens, you increase your chances of earning more rewards.
- Active minimum staking requirement: 14,000 MATIC tokens
- Delegation minimum requirement: Permission-based—the Polygon Foundation must grant you a validator slot
- Maximum staking limit: None
- Estimated rewards rate: 4.82%
- Estimated payout period: Every checkpoint (34 minutes); it can take longer if the network is congested
The figures given here may vary, so confirming the updated figures on Staking Rewards is advisable before investing.
The KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange launched its MATIC fixed staking program in June 2022, which allows you to earn up to 12% APR, excluding KuCoin’s Proof of Liquidity (POL) staking rewards. Upon successful subscription, the system automatically calculates your rewards and distributes them the following day. At the expiry of your staking period, your rewards are sent to your preferred wallet. Overall, KuCoin provides good staking opportunities with flexible and fixed staking options.
- Expected APR: 7.5% for seven days (excluding POL rewards), 9% for 14 days, and 12% for 30 days
- Soft cap for a single user: 10 MATIC
- Hard cap for a single user: 100,000 MATIC
- Hard cap on the entire platform: 3,000,000 MATIC
Crypto.com is our final option on this list of the best crypto exchanges for staking Polygon (MATIC), using either the mobile app or desktop website. To get started, buy or deposit some MATIC tokens using either platform, then proceed to the Earn tab and select MATIC among the listed currencies.
- Staking period: Flexible, one, or three months
- Minimum staking limit: 250 MATIC tokens
- Reward calculations: Daily at UTC 00:00:00
- Redemption period: 7 days
- Reward rates: Flexible (0.35% for USD below $4,000), one month (3% for USD below $4,000), three months (5.5% for USD below $4,000)
On Crypto.com, you’re not technically staking MATIC. You lend it out instead. If you plan to hold your MATIC long-term, you can use this platform to grow your earnings.
Wrap Up Your Search and Get Started
Cryptocurrency staking is one of the ways to grow your holdings. However, some crypto coins have better staking rewards than others. If you’re considering investing in Polygon (MATIC) staking, the crypto exchanges mentioned here can be your launchpads.