How To Transfer Money From Apple Pay to Cash App
Ridofranz / Getty Images/iStockphoto
Cash App is one of the most popular mobile payment apps that allows users to transfer money to their friends and make payments to vendors. To start using this app, you have to ensure that your Cash App account is connected to a valid funding source.
Transferring Money From Apple Pay to Cash App
Apple Pay is the default payment app of iOS and is extremely efficient. Users can set it up within seconds by adding their debit or credit card to their Wallet app on their iPhones. Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to transfer money directly from Apple Pay to Cash App — you have to transfer the funds to a bank account, first.
There are two steps to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Step 1: Transfer Money to Your Bank Account
To transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account, you must first ensure that your iPhone or iPad has the latest version of iOS or iPadOS and you have added an eligible debit card to the Wallet app. The next steps are as follows:
- For an iPhone, open the Wallet app, tap on the More button under the Apple Cash card, and then tap Transfer to Bank. If you are using an iPad, open the Settings app, tap Wallet & Apple Pay, tap your Apple Cash card, then tap Transfer to Bank.
- Enter the desired amount.
- Select either Instant Transfer or 1-3 business days, depending on the urgency of having the funds in your account.
- Tap on Transfer.
- You will be required to confirm the transaction with Face ID, Touch ID or passcode.
Once you have followed all these steps, the money will be transferred to your bank account.
Step 2: Transfer Money to Cash App
After you have transferred the funds from Apple Pay to your bank account, you can send those funds to Cash App by following these steps:
- Navigate to your Cash App Home Screen and tap on the Money tab.
- Press on Add Cash and choose your desired amount.
- You can use Touch ID or enter your PIN to confirm the transaction.
Although the process might seem a bit complicated, it is actually very simple as long as you have the same bank account linked to both your Apple Pay and Cash App accounts. If you’re using different bank accounts for each you can either transfer the money between those accounts or link an additional bank account to Apple Pay or Cash App.
Based on the transfer speed you choose, you can transfer your funds from Apple Pay to Cash App within the same day — though you can also opt for slower transfer speeds to avoid fees.
Apple Pay vs. Cash App: Which Is Better?
Both of these virtual payment methods have their share of advantages and disadvantages. Apple Pay comes with the added security benefits of Apple, but it is restricted to iOS users only.
Since Cash App is compatible with both iOS and Android, it has a wider acceptance level. Moreover, Cash App also allows users to buy and sell bitcoin on the platform and even receive payments via bitcoin. Cash App also provides investing tools, so users can buy and sell stocks through their accounts.
Cash App has more features in comparison to Apple Pay. However, if you are only looking for a virtual payment method, Apple Pay is one of the safest and most useful options.
Is Cash App Safe?
Cash App uses cutting-edge encryption and fraud detection technology to make sure your data and money are secure. Irrespective of the type of connection you are using, any information you submit gets encrypted to the Cash App server securely. That is why it is very safe to make payments or transfer funds to and from Cash App.
However, it’s important to keep an eye out for scams. No matter how secure the app is, there will be scammers on every platform.
Apple Pay and Cash App are both major players in the virtual wallet space, so it is important to know how you can transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App.
Irrespective of which virtual wallet you use, make sure you consider the security aspects and can manage the transfers efficiently.
Here are the answers to some common questions about Apple Pay and Cash App.
- How do I transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App without a card?
- Even if you do not have a card, you can get your funds transferred from Apple Pay to Cash App through your bank account.
- How long does it take to transfer money from Apple Pay to Cash App?
- It can take up to six business days to complete a transfer between Apple Pay and Cash App, although it will likely be faster.
- You can get funds transferred from Apple Pay to your bank account instantly or within 1-3 business days, depending on the type of transfer you choose. It can take up to another 3 business days for the funds to reach Cash App from your bank account.
- How do I get money off Apple Pay without a card?
- You need to have a valid debit or credit card to set up your Apple Pay account. If you don’t have a debit or credit card, you can also use a prepaid card.
- How do I transfer money from Apple Pay to a debit card in my Wallet instantly?
- You can transfer money from Apple Pay to your bank account or debit card by choosing the Instant Transfer option in the Wallet app.
- How can I get cash from Apple Pay?
- To transfer funds from Apple Pay to your bank account, you can navigate to the Wallet app on your iPhone or Wallet & Apple Pay on your iPad and choose Transfer to Bank. Once you have specified the desired amount, you can choose the transfer speed and get the funds into your bank account.